The Most Extreme Drag Race of 12 Super Performers You’ll See This Year (Video)
It’s the 2016 Motor Trend Best Driver’s Car drag race we’ve been given the opportunity to enjoy here. They’ve pitted 12 more and less renowned high performance cars against each other in what turned out to be a drag race to remember. They’ve been doing this sort of thing for a few years now, and this is the sixth installment of the event.
From lane 1 to lane 12 we have:
- Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE with 455 hp and 455 lb-ft of torque
- BMW M4 GTS making 493 hp and 443 lb-ft of torque
- Dodge Viper ACR pushing 645 horses and 600 lb-ft of torque
- Jaguar F-Type SVR with 575 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque
- Acura NSX making 573 horses and 476 feet-pound of twist
- McLaren 570S developing 562 hp and 443 lb-ft of torque
- Audi R8 V10 Plus with 602 horsepower and 413 lb-ft of torque
- Nissan GT-R Premium with 565 hp and 467 lb-ft of torque
- Mercedes-Benz AMG GTS with 503 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque
- Porsche 911 Carrera S with 420 hp and 368 lb-ft of torque
- Dodge Charger Hellcat pushing 707 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque
- Mustang Shelby GT350R packing 526 ponies and 429 lb-ft of torque.
Quite an impressive list that is! At first they thought of filling the lane 11 with 565-horsepower and 457 lb-ft of torque Aston Martin V12 Vantage S, but Senior Features Editor’s, Jonny Lieberman’s Hellcat with fresh tires was simply too good of an opportunity to pass out. It took Aston Martin’s place and was driven by Johnny’s colleague Jason Cammisa, while Johnny himself took to piloting the NSX.
I don’t wan’t to spoil the video for you, so if you wan’t to know who wins, you’ll have to see it for yourselves. Let’s just say that the Mustang and a Camaro cross the line dead last respectively.
Categories: Gear Grinding