Top 5 Acceleration Cars
So are you amongst those willing to get launched into air right when you hit the paddle? Well then you are going to be surely exited reading about the top 5 acceleration cars. While there are several different benchmarks to measure the accelerating daemons, the most commonly known method is comparing the acceleration times up to the 60 mph or 100 km/h mark. And we too are going compile this list based on the same method. Also, we are going to include only street legal cars so there is no room for race cars, concept cars or other unique cars. We are also looking at cars which are at least two seats- so as to avoid out the formula one inspired cars.
5. SSC Ultimate Aero: 2.78 seconds -What else are you expecting from the car that beat out the Bugatti Veyron for the fastest street legal car in the world and held on to it for nearly 3 years? Bugatti had to launch the Veyron Super Sport to retain its spot and it is no wonder that with the power of 1183 horses under it, the SSC Ultimate Aero is on the list. Cost? Just $654.400. Do we need to say more?
4. Porsche 911 Turbo S: 2.7 second -With the twin turbo flat-six running at 530 HP combined with 516 lb-ft of torque, the 911 Turbo S was tested out to reach the –60 mph time in just a matter of 2.7 seconds with the PDK transmission by the Car and Driver Magazine.
3. Ultima GTR: 2.6 seconds- There is something that sets the Ultima GTR apart from the other supercars like the SSC Ultimate Aero and Bugatti Veyron. It is a car that doesn’t come down from the factory- and you can build this baby up in your own garage. It is not delivered fully assembled and this makes up for a pretty unique experience for those buying it.
2. Hennessey Venom GT: 2.5 seconds- With 1200 HP powering it up due to the twin turbo V8 engine, the Hennessey Venom GT is a car that really gets close when it comes to taking the top spot. It costs over a whopping $950,000 and the production is limited to only 10 each year. A target which doesn’t seem like will be lost out with plenty of buyers around.
1. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport: 2.4 seconds- Yes you guessed it right. The top spot had to be for the car that has come to personify the modern car technology and has been known out to be the fastest street legal car in the world. With the 8.0 liter W-16 engine with quad turbocharger and 1200 horses